1. What is the best age to neuter or spay your pet?
Usually around 6mos. old before puberty.
2. What are the Benefits of Neutering a pet?
a. To reduce the pet over population.
b. Males--reduced aggression; reduced risk of anal tumors/cancer and prostate enlargement/infections.
c. Females--reduced risk of breast cancer; eliminates infections of the uterus or pymetra.
3. What is the best age to start behavior training classes?
Usually around 4 mos. old.
4. What is the best method of housebreaking a puppy?
Crate training is the best.
5. How oftern should I have my pet's teeth be professionally cleaned?
80% of animals over 3 yrs. old have some level of periodontal disease. So around 3 yrs. then ultimately
every 1-2 yrs. is best. As they age more frequent dentistries are usually needed.
6. How often should I be using flea/tick products and heartworm meds?
Once a month year round is best. Heartworm pills also cover for some intestinal parasites and fleas
can live all year round in the home.
7. When is my pet considered a senior animal?
Cats and dogs age 7yrs for every 1 human year, so around 8yrs. old. Large breed dogs have shorter
lives so around 6yrs.
8. How often should my pet have an exam?
Once a year and twice a year when an animal reaches 6-8yrs. old due to specific geriatric medical
conditions that are seen as they age; such as cancer, diabetes, etc.
9. Are all Vaccines necessary for my pet?
There are some necessary Core vaccines such as Distemper/Parvo and Rabies for both cat and dog
and other vaccines available depending on whether the animal goes outside or ventures into the
woods or has contact with other animals.
Dr. Lemire has always gone above and beyond for the care of our family's pets for several years.
John S. -
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!Schedule Now
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.Read More
We offer complete medical and surgical care for you pet. We also specialized in Dentistry and Complementary medicine--the addition of Alternative Therapies: Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Homeopathy to bring overall health to a higher lever.